Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy First Day of Spring



It's the most wonderful time of the year! I cannot believe Spring is already here. We had a rather mild winter, but you won't hear any complaints out of me. It is a long running joke that I turn into a bear and hibernate once cold weather arrives. While Spring is a close tie with Autumn in my book, I love love love how invigorating this time of year is: the beautiful flowers, gentle breezes, sporadic green grass, planting my garden, budding trees. Tonight I plan on having a small dinner party on the back deck to commemorate this wonderful day.

one of my most favorite flowers
I highly recommend hyacinths. They smell heavenly.
Tulip trees
what I'm looking forward to tonight
with some spring time fare
topped off with a piece of this (already made the crust this AM)





No comments:

Post a Comment