Wednesday, February 22, 2012

TO UPHOLSTER OR NOT TO UPHOLSTER

Tufted headboard.

There are still some remaining projects around the house since the move. The biggest challenge being the master bedroom. I am a bit embarrassed by its emptiness at the moment thus the reason the door is always closed if company is over. My biggest excuse is the amount of time it took to receive new mattresses. Now that I can't use that anymore it's time to get motivated. New mattresses = new headboard. I've had these photos stashed away for quite some time. I love upholstered headboards, but there are so many options. To buy or DYI, tufted or not, what type of design, and how do you ever narrow down a color? I am inclined to play it safe with a white or cream but then I think how do you clean it properly if it gets dirty or what if I want to use white bedding. I love color. However, color equates committed. There are only so many bedding options you have if you use a bold color choice (unless I used white). I'm digging the green below and the reddish twin beds.




Coastal Living

Lonny
Decorpad
Courtney Giles
Lonny
Lonny

Southern Living

Southern Living


1 comment:

  1. One word... slipcover! Then you can clean it and change out the colors as often as you like/can afford! However it does rule out the tufted look. I've been looking to do this myself.

    ReplyDelete