Friday, June 29, 2012

Wanderlust Friday



Normally I try to feature a place that I've had the pleasure of traveling to or the next destination that provides me with enough daydreams to get me through the work day. Instead, today I have decided to share my "life will be complete when" ultimate travel to-do list. Yes, I am a believer in Bucket Lists, and I can't explain the satisfaction that ensues when I see another place checked off. Honestly, there are few places I would turn down a chance to travel to whether in the USA or internationally. Recently I sat down to update said lists and realized I have officially been to 31 out of 50 of the States. Bring on #32! Very rarely do I rate the order in which I aspire to visit any of the destinations, because I prefer keep it spontaneous. For example, last summer with a little under 3 weeks until departure date I booked a trip to Europe and checked off Norway, London, & Sweden even though I vowed to travel to South America before crossing the pond again. However, for years I had dreamed of cruising down a fjord in the majestic countryside of Norway so when the opportunity presented itself I couldn't say no.


MY LIFE WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN TRAVEL LIST

Morrocco
one word: majestic

Brazil
beaches, beautiful people, and a little Samba on the side. yes, please?

Thailand
 the amazing food would be worth the journey alone and the best beaches in the world

Istanbul, Turkey
modern day meets ancient exotic

Argentina
 regardless of the fact that I have heard endless amazing things about Buenos Aires I look forward to a nice full glass of Malbec while relaxing in Mendoza....I would also love to ride along with a goucho, drink some yerba, and eat a nice hunk of steak followed by admiring the lustful dance moves of the tango

Italy
 a month and nothing less

Bolivia
 while in Peru the reputation of the hearts of the Bolivians from other travelers resounded 

Costa Rica
to experience La Pura Vida

Vancouver, BC
just because

New Zealand
 have you seen Lord of the Rings?

Croatia 
jagged coastlines dotted with lighthouses and amazing views of the Baltic Sea

Ireland
 my homeland!

Isreal
would love to submerge myself in the rich history

Mongolia
arriving via the Mongol Rally would be pretty rad


Czech Republic
beer, opera, and amazing architecture oh my

South Africa
mountains, beaches, wineries

Japan
hot springs and cherry blossums

Greece
white washed buildings, blue tile roofs, and bronzed bodies

Australia
everything seems bigger and better and the accents sexier

Denmark
just to eat at Noma

Austria
to hop and skip and sing to the sounds of music in the countryside

Philippines
beautiful beaches and smiling peoples

India
a shock to the senses (isn't that often needed?) would be worth it to see the biggest love story ever written err built and the indescribable richness of the culture


So my list kept growing as I was typing, and I realized I really need to start planning my next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment