Friday, June 15, 2012

Wanderlust Friday: Sunny Santa Barbara



I mentioned previously that I jetted off to the West Coast to celebrate the 30th. Three of my besties joined me in Santa Barbara and, oh boy, were we in for a treat. Why Santa Barbara you may ask? Good question! I was looking for somewhere sunny yet not entirely beachy (though I love the beach I cannot sit and do nothing for 3+ days) or a yet to be explored wine country like Sonoma County. A friend mentioned that she heard Santa Barbara had both. The beach and wineries? Sold! So, the trip planning began. I opted to fly into LA and set out on a road trip adventure up the scenic Pacific Coast Highway aka California Highway 1 as many refer to it. After an impromptu stop for Lava Flow's at Duke's in Malibu we arrived at our destination in approximately 1.5 - 2 hours.

I can't say enough wonderful things about Santa Barbara! From the Spanish Colonial style architecture with it's white plaster and clay tiled roofs (even the gas stations!),  perfectly manicured landscapes, and quaint little State Street to the friendliness of the people, the quiet little beach less than a 2 mile walk from downtown, and the close proximity to the St. Inez Valley wine country. I couldn't stop smiling, because everything was so stinking cute! It didn't hurt that our accents charmed everyone we met. We unofficially became known as The Mississippi Girls, and I am fairly certain we left our mark on Santa Barbara. While I have always related to Tony Bennett's renowned song, "I Left My Heart in San Francisco", I've now decided my heart awaits me in Santa Barbara. Enjoy my photos from the wonderful weekend!

our wheels for 4 days....who can think of Cali without thinking of a convertible?
the beautiful door that welcomed us 'home' each day
 The fabulous Mississippi Girls!!


No comments:

Post a Comment