Thursday, June 28, 2012

Small Big City Living



Lately I have been perusing the internet for a bit of inspiration for small spaces. A dear friend who lives in the Big Apple is about transition to studio living on the Upper East Side. The biggest challenge she faces is paring down her current possessions in addition to figuring out how to arrange her somewhat awkward new space. She has graciously summonsed me to come to New York to assist in the process (like I needed an excuse to visit). I stumbled upon this Brooklyn charmer featured in The New York Times. Zach Motl's studio apartment in Clinton Hill is delightful....all 178 square feet of it. I love his ability to arrange the furniture in groupings to clearly define areas such as the "bedroom", "office", and "sitting room". One of my favorite parts is the bed-- complete with a Sultan Alsarp box spring from Ikea that opens up for Mr. Motl stash an array of objects.









**photos via The New York Times






No comments:

Post a Comment